(1) Information You Provide: We collect information you enter on our website or give us in any other way, including, without limitation, User’s name, email address, handle name, date of birth, sex, educational background, comments and other information posted or submitted by you on our website, information you provide to us when you register for an account, update or change information for your account, complete a survey, sign-up for email updates or Courses, participate in our public forums, send us email messages, and/or participate in Courses or other services on our website. Such information also includes Purchase Information, meaning information you register when you purchase paid Content provided by the Service. The Purchase Information particularly includes your delivery address, contact details, and other private information.
(2) Usage Information: We also collect certain usage information about learning performance, grades and patterns of learning. In addition, we track information indicating, among other things, which Courses you viewed, which pages of our website were visited, the order in which they were visited, when they were visited and which hyperlinks and other user interface controls were used, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our website, including date and time. We may log the IP address, operating system, and browser software used by you. Like many other websites, some of the information is collected through cookies (small text files placed on your computer that store information about you, which can be accessed by the website). You should be able to control how and whether cookies will be accepted by your web browser. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies in the “Help” section of the toolbar. If you reject our cookies, many functions and conveniences of this website may not work properly.
Members can disable or delete cookies by setting up their browser. However, if you disable or delete cookies,Some features, such as services that require you to log in, will not be available.
What You Consent to by Using Our Site
How We Use the Information
We will use your Personal Information in connection with the following purposes:
- To authenticate your identity when you register for, or use the Service.
- For the purpose necessary to carry out transaction with you, including, but not limited to, shipping goods, providing services, settling payments, issuing invoices and making necessary contact to you.
- To track attendance, progress and completion of the Courses, and to analyze statistics on User performance and how Users learn.
- For the purpose for which you specifically provided the information, for example, to respond to a specific inquiry or provide you with access to the specific content and/or Services you select.
- To enable us to provide, administer, improve the Service and develop other services and products, including, but not limited to, conducting surveys.
- To send you communications about the Services of us, our affiliates, or selected business partners, or to send you email messages about website maintenance or updates.
- For purposes of scientific research or promotion.
Security Measures and Disclosure to Third Parties
Accuracy of Personal Information
We will endeavor to process your Personal Information accurately. However, please remember that keeping your Personal information accurate and up-to-date is solely your responsibility.
International Privacy Practices
Our websites, including websites directed to residents in countries and jurisdictions outside of the Japan, are operated and managed on servers located and operated within Japan. By using and accessing our websites, residents and citizens of countries and jurisdictions outside of Japan agree and consent (i) to the transfer to and processing of personal information on servers located in Japan, and (ii) that the protection of such information may be different than required under the laws of your residence or location.
If you wish to request disclosures (disclosure, amendment, addition, deletion, suspension of usage, or suspension of provision to third parties) of Personal Information provided to us, please contact us by any of the following:
DOCOMO gacco, Inc.
by mail: 1-6-15 Minamiazabu, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0047 Japan
by telephone: +81.3.3456.1200
by email: email@example.com
Attention: Personal Information Helpdesk
Please note that we will not be able to respond to your request if you contacted us by means other than those set out above. Please also note that each request pursuant to this paragraph is subject to a 1,000 Japanese Yen (including tax) processing fee. Your identification must be confirmed when we process your request. If you have any privacy-related questions, unresolved problems, or complaints you may contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective as of August 25, 2015.
Amended as of November 25, 2020.